Monday, November 19, 2007

Fall Reflection

As I reflect on this Fall semester, I find that my top priority was to stay calm and keep things in perspective. My first semester was extremely stressful; it was hard for me to adjust to college life, leaving my mom, and experiencing new things on my own. This fall, I really tried to grasp Philippians 4:6 and the fact that I do not need to "worry about anything; instead, pray about everything." I think I succeeded at this because when I had a test or a ton of homework, I realized that I was not going to simply not study for a test or not complete an assignment. Everything was going to get done, and God helped me through each task.

My number one goal for the spring is to put forth a little more effort to make the grades I know I am capable of making. I am pleased with almost all of my grades so far this semester, but I feel that if I had put a little more time toward a specific class, I would have definitely made an A. Right now, I am not too sure if that is possible. I dislike looking back and thinking, "this class was easy, if I would have just done this or spent more time on this, I would have done better." I really do not like regretting anything; I like to try my best because then I should not be upset with myself for not giving all I have.

At the end of the spring semester, I want to look back and feel that I improved my study habits and skills. I need to use my time wisely and be diligent during the short "study" time I do have. For example, after a test day, I typically will not work on assignments or study for other classes that day. I like to rest for one day because I just studied a lot for a test. This is not being productive with my time. I want to look back after next semester and think, "wow, I really used the time God has given me extremely well."

No comments: