Wednesday, July 1, 2009

God is good, seriously

It's been a long time since my last post, school keeps you busy, and sometimes I'm just lazy. But hey, summer's here, and I finally have some time to type up some thoughts.

God is really good, really. I know people say that a lot, "Oh, God is good all the time, all the time God is good". But it's hard to relate to that when you're going through a particular season. I've been going through a season, it's been hard, but really good. And He hasn't left me to suffer all on my own, even when I've felt like I was completely and utterly alone, He's always been there. And He answers prayers, too. I've known this and believed it for some time now, but when I've been praying the same prayer for more than half a year, it gets frustrating.

But, I'm writing to say that God IS good and He does answer prayers; He always comes through. And it's those little moments, certain conversations, the rain, the waves crashing against the shore, the night sky, that reveal Him to us, well to me, at least. Today, I woke up and it looked like it was going to rain. Now, I never really liked the rain all that much, it just makes the day dreary and well, a tad depressing, but today, I was excited about the rain. I decided to go for a quick run before it started pouring, and wouldn't you know, it did start pouring as I was running. It was awesome! It felt so nice and I was just overwhelmed by the sheer wetness of the rain!

I got back home drenched and completely ecstatic! I was in a good mood! I haven't felt extremely happy in the Lord for a while and today was a huge, much-welcomed change. It just so happened that today I was on Psalm 8, and it absolutely blew my mind. God has a funny way of doing things, revealing Himself to us, and I was just mesmerized that I happened to be on this particular Psalm on this particular day. Read it for yourself, soak it up, and rejoice in the Lord! Praise Him because He more than deserves it.

I don't mean to ramble on, but I haven't felt this way in a long time and it's great! I've been fearing the future lately, which is not something I normally do. I usually can trust God to direct me to where He wants me to go, but it's been different this summer. I have one more year left in college and I can't believe three years can fly by so fast. I really don't know what to do after I graduate, but I have a few options and I really hope, I trust, that God is going to intertwine the passions He has given me with some job that will fit me. I know I can't be picky, the timing to find a job right now is not the best, but hey, that's life. We get so comfortable with our position in life, when we're thrown a curve ball we get negative and think, "Oh, when will it go back to normal again?" Well, you know what? Maybe God doesn't want us to go back to the way things were, maybe He's teaching us something, perhaps to depend on Him for everything

That was a lot of random information, but I guess my point is (and you might have heard this before, but it's really true) God is good and He's really got you covered. I'm still having to work through my trust and control issues, but He's working on me and it's been great. This summer is turning out better than I thought. . .

Until next time, enjoy Him!!

No comments: